Ikore aka Urban Mammoth - oder: Financial Trouble

Dieses Forum ist für alles gedacht, was nicht unmittelbar mit dem Thema Chronopia und Warzone zu tun hat.

Moderator: Coki

Antworten
Duncan Idaho
Krieger
Krieger

Ikore aka Urban Mammoth - oder: Financial Trouble

Beitrag von Duncan Idaho »

Da es unter uns doch einige Void/Celtos Spieler und Sammler gibt hier die letzten Neuigkeiten:

We are now able to confirm that the rumors are true: i-Kore has gone into receivership.

Cowan and Partners in Edinburgh, a chartered accountancy firm, are liquidating the assets of the company. The contact person is given as David McFarlane, on 0131 554 0724.

i-Kore had first run into cashflow problems in 2003, when a manufacturing error led to delays with their VOID Gamebox product. (Masters for plastic figures are usually sculpted 3-time-normal size, with the diemakers reducing the size for actual production. In this case, Chinese workers made the error of producing the figures as sculpted - 90mm scale!) The delays made critical inroads in the company's Christmas season sales.

Three of the principals in the company provided short-term financing (in at least one case, mortgaging a home) to keep i-Kore operational. They had a great deal of confidence in the ongoing product lines, as well as great enthusiasm for an upcoming line of 10mm pre-painted figures for a mass-combat game. To provide longer-term stability, i-Kore made arrangements to obtain additional financing.

Before a company receives an infusion of capital, there is a "due diligence" phase in which the financial situation of the company is verified. It was during this process that i-Kore discovered a series of financial discrepancies involving Accounts Receivable (which are the outstanding orders for which a company expects to receive payment). A number of the orders were "phantoms" - no such orders had actually been placed.

Other problems now came swiftly to light. Some distributors complained that they had been sent items they had never ordered, or more than what they had actually ordered. Management learned that sales staff had been directed to conceal information from management, and "to lie" to distributors.

The final straw came when management received a tip that a company employee was operating several unauthorized eShops on eBay, disposing not only of i-Kore product, but also of other company's products obtained from distributors. Based on an initial assessment of eBay records, it was estimated that the eShop had done £60,000.00 GBP (~$109,090.91 USD) in sales.

When presented with the evidence, i-Kore Sales Director Felix Garzon allegedly admitted to running the unauthorized eShops.

The problems with the company's books made the planned business expansion untenable. It became nearly impossible for the company to function, since it was unclear what its financial situation really was. Consequently, the Board of Directors voted to voluntarily place i-Kore into liquidation.

Receivership does not necessarily mean the end for the Void and Celtos game systems and product lines, as those assets will be distributed as part of the liquidation.

A Creditors Meeting is scheduled two weeks from now, when i-Kore management will meet with the company's creditors.

Several i-Kore employees reportedly hope to "reconstruct" the company through a purchase of the assets from the creditors. They are said to have a "solid plan," but it is not known what other parties might be interested in bidding on the assets.

Damit duerfte sich erklaeren, warum in letzter Zeit einiges mit den Lieferungen im argen lag. Den Vorgang bei I-Kore nennt man in der Fachsprache "einen Phoenix machen" und es zieht sich hiermit eine direkte Linie von Grendel zu Fantasy Forge zu Target Games ueber I-Kore zur neuen Firma Urban Mammoth. In der momentan eh schon angespannten Wirtschaftslage in Deutschland duerften sich einige Haendler ueberlegen, ob sie das Risiko mit Void/Celtos/Xyston nochmals eingehen. Wirtschaftlich ist die Vorgehensweise der Firmenleitung plausibel, moralisch jedoch sehr verwerflich, von den Auswirkungen auf andere Firmen will ich gar nicht erst reden. Schlussendlich schadet dies auch teilweise der Glaubwuerdigkeit der Minibranche, kleine innovative Firmen werden es in Zukunft schwerer haben, Geld fuer ihren Start zu bekommen.

Bleibt zu hoffen, dass dies ein Einzelfall bleibt.... :cussing:
André "Duncan Idaho" Winter

------------------------------------

"I always say, when you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you just can´t hide as much beneath it."
Coki
Gott :) (Admin)
Gott :) (Admin)
Beitrag von Coki »

Das kennen wir von Harlequin genauso ;)

Coki
Meine Armeen: :ers: :schlange: :sch: :styg: :dunklenhauer: :sdk: :lak: :sum:
Bemalte Modelle 2024: 3 /3 / 9, 2023: 214 / 150 ('23: 214; '22: 31; '21: 260; ''20: 315)
Duncan Idaho
Krieger
Krieger

In meinem Job bei einer Steuerkanzlei erlebe ich solche Praktiken leider oefter als mir lieb ist, solchen Mandanten legen wir dann nah, sich eine andere Kanzlei zu suchen oder nehmen sie gar nicht erst an. Man verdient mit denen zwar dann auch nicht gerade schlecht. Die Steuerfahndung im Haus zu haben schadet aber dermasen, dass man dann auch gleich den Laden dicht machen kann..... :bounce:

"I always say, when you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you just can´t hide as much beneath it."
Duncan Idaho
Krieger
Krieger

Es scheint als ob Urban Mammoth nicht sonderlich auf Kritik gut zu sprechen ist. Zwar bin ich auch gegen Verleumdung, was aber ueber UM auf dieser Seite besprochen wurde, war allgemein bekannte Fakten ueber das Geschaeftsgebahren der Geschaeftsfuehrer bei Vorgaengerfirmen.

Naja, wer selber lesen will, kann es hier:

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2360

:cussing:

Antworten