Chronopia - Eine dritte Fan-Edition?

Hier können alle Themen rund um Chronopia diskutiert werden.

Moderator: Coki

Redterror
Frohnbauer
Frohnbauer

Re: Chronopia - Eine dritte Fan-Edition?

Beitrag von Redterror »

So, die Vorabversion von "Chronopia - Rise of the Fistborn" könnt ihr euch auf archive.org runterladen. Neue Einheiten für die alten Fraktionen, eine Fortsetzung der Geschichte der Chronopia-Welt und die Cerulean Hordes als neue Fraktion. Viel Spaß!

https://archive.org/details/ChronopiaRiseoftheFirstborn
Herby
Waffenmeister
Waffenmeister

Beitrag von Herby »

Eins muß man Euch ja lassen...in so kurzer Zeit was zusammenzubrettern!!! Hut ab! Das ist ja fast wie bei Target Games 5 Kisten Bier und drei durchwachte Nächte, schon steht die Bude ;)
Aber an grüne Orks in einem Chronopia-Werk werde ich mich wohl nicht so schnell gewöhnen. Grüne Orks!! Hat man sowas schon gehört
Greetz H.
Bild
" Mein Name ist Josephine Schminktopf...Küsschen"
Expanded Universe -FOR REAL- from THOOM U.S.A (official) U.S.A.
Redterror
Frohnbauer
Frohnbauer

Beitrag von Redterror »

Danke, Danke! :haha: Das war auch eine Menge Arbeit, wenn ich ehrlich bin. Aber was tut man nicht alles für seine lieben Tabletops. Ich hoffe, die Erweiterung gefällt dir. Zu den grünen Orks: Naja, ich mag sie halt grün, aber die meisten sind bei Chronopia trotzdem bräunlich...
Coki
Gott :) (Admin)
Gott :) (Admin)

Beitrag von Coki »

Sehr schick. Ich habe es auf beiden Seiten in die News gepackt. Dazu noch ein Download gesetzt.

Gruss,

Coki

Ps: und ja.. gruene Orks... tststs ;)
Meine Armeen: :ers: :schlange: :sch: :styg: :dunklenhauer: :sdk: :lak: :sum:
Bemalte Modelle 2024: 3 /3 / 9, 2023: 214 / 150 ('23: 214; '22: 31; '21: 260; ''20: 315)
Redterror
Frohnbauer
Frohnbauer

Beitrag von Redterror »

Danke auch an dich, Coki. Es hat wirklich viel Spaß gemacht, die Erweiterung zu schreiben, auch wenn es doch deutlich mehr Arbeit war als wir zunächst erwartet hatten.
JohnnyFave
Sklave
Sklave

Beitrag von JohnnyFave »

Hi, I'm quite new on this site. I've searched through forums on the internet, trying to find a bit more international one about Chronopia. And I ended up here; (You cannot register on Exec forum? At least I cannot; )
I've read "The rise of the Firstborn" a bit; It's nice to see that people expand "the Universe" but I'm not that interested in the story of Chronopia. I know by now you start to have mixed feelings about me; My main interest lies in the rules and the factions. I like the original gamplay ( I'm a first edition guy, second edition was a heresy; it doesn't exist, wait a minute, second edition? What second edition?) But when I was trying to get someone to play with me, well they were more or less happy with the figures, world, but the gameplay, the gameplay was pretty unattractive for them. Not to mention, I wasn't happy with it too, it had potential but it could be more.So I've read a number of rulebooks for tabletop games and decide to upgrade my games of Chronopia a bit.
My inspiration was mainly "Dark Age". You must have heard about this game. It's pretty close to Chronopia; x So for example the magic in Chronopia. I play with elves so there's a bit of magic in my games. So when you try to throw a spell, for a example "chasm" if you fail, nothing happens. Ok, you lose your actions, but that's to little for me; I like the "malfunction" from DA, I cannot add it for archers/crossbowmen (except this hail of arrows thing). But for magic, the malfunction is an interesting, and pretty old idea (many systems used it before). So when you roll let say 18-20, while performing chasm, you failed very badly. You make a scatter roll on a d20, you halve the number on a dice which indicates the number of inches from your target, and your opponent puts the chasm on the board, the way it can make some damage, if it can.
My other differentiations are connected with factions, one of my colleague plays with dwarves, and he always is fed up with their speed; so I've presented him with my ideas (well, they aren't completely mine; x) about the dwarves. That they can travel better on "rough" terrain, that they can create rough terrain through explosives, "totem tremors, shockwaves" which can also push the enemies backwards. And so on, I've also thought about other factions , and I have some ideas for them too; And it's not only about making them more "over the top" . For example, if the keeper is killed the totem may run rampage ( weird that they added it in Empire). Some Dwarven units have "knockback" (poor totems; ) it means that when he hits an enemy, but does not penetrate his armor, he rolls armor roll once again, if the test is successful (unsuccesful?), the opponent travels 6 inches back; which brings him out totem's reach. And so on and so on, I've got tons of "inspirations" from DA; x
(I hope you guys understand english, at least a bit;)
I'm a fan of DA abilities, many neat ideas - "horrible death, "sadistic", "unstoppable" , and some simplifications like backstab, or assasination, which were too realistic in Chronopia; p (at least for me)
Not too mention 3 action sysytem;
And the scenario system;
But the factions in DA are not my kind of thing, it should be more Mad Max, and it isn't;
I know you are probably more hardcore fans, but if you have any "house rules" that you like to use, or you have been thinking about some additions lately, I'd be very glad to hear them;
Herby
Waffenmeister
Waffenmeister

Beitrag von Herby »

I like the story-telling moments in your version of dwarven rules. It is a very good idea to incorporate special faction traits. Fiddling rules, like malfunctions are for players who play small skirmishes or campaignes. I always liked the knockback ability in all kinds of rpgs especially at ridges ;) But these are options for frequent/expert players. I am a fun player and we directly add ideas to each single scenario, e.g. random garnish encounters or add things a GM would do.
I play warzone and there are 3 actions. They reduced it in the fantasy world. I still like the 1Ed of Chr. best, too and would use it.
I know player groups had all kinds of homebrewed rules, bulding empires etc. But that was years ago. Sadly the german community is scattered and I have no players in my area at the moment. But i plan to play it when my son is big enough to stomach the chronopia background. Greetz H

just now downloaded the core rules of DA ;)
Greetz H.
Bild
" Mein Name ist Josephine Schminktopf...Küsschen"
Expanded Universe -FOR REAL- from THOOM U.S.A (official) U.S.A.
JohnnyFave
Sklave
Sklave

Beitrag von JohnnyFave »

Yeah, I prefer skrimishes, like around 750 points. There is more focus on what you take for the battle. If I gather more figures i' ll try to play the 'empire' version. If it comes to players, I try to presnt Chronopia to my friends. I do not require them buying figures, just show em its fun.
I've also studied the units from DA. It's another part that makes the difference.
Antworten